CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

How to Buy Deodorant

So, for those of you who don't know, I picked up an extra shift at my second job cleaning the office building I work in on Saturday mornings. My first shift was on the 10th. I woke up and decided NOT to get all cleaned up because I was just going to get all gross again while cleaning bathrooms and doing garbages. I also planned a trip to the grocery store afterward because I had a handful of coupons that were burning a hole in my pocket. (Free Cheerios?! YES!) So, after about 3 hours hauling garbage, scrubbing toilets, and dragging a vacuum up and down 3 flights of stairs (the building really needed a good cleaning), I decided to call it quits and wander over to the store. I felt (and looked! and smelled!) absolutely disgusting. Well, one of the coupons I had in my handbag was a discount on deodorant, so I made my way that direction first. The store was super crowded. I parked myself in front of the deodorant display and concentrated with all my might on the problem at hand: what do I want to smell like for the next 3 months? My cart was a little far out in the isle, but nobody was coming my way so I didn't bother moving it. While debating between "Asian Pear" and "Shower Fresh", I saw out of the corner of my eye a gentleman who needed to get past my cart. I was kindof embarrassed, but when I turned around and saw who it was, my embarrassment deepened 10 fold. Russell M. Nelson- or his double- but all the same, very embarrassing. Here I am, uglified and grody, concentrating so deeply on deodorant, which I so desperately and obviously need at the moment, and an APOSTLE decides to show up! Aah! ha ha ha I remember a time in my life when I despaired of ever meeting or seeing an apostle up close, and for some reason, it was extremely important to me. Now, of all things... I moved my cart and blushed fit to match my red sneakers. By the way, "Southern Peach" was the winner.

3 comments:

Alisha Erin said...

I love that story. That's hilarious.

Southern Peach is a good choice too. ;)

PS: I MISS YOU!!!

Adrienne said...

that's great

Nat said...

Oh, what a good story! Thank you for sharing, though I'm sorry for your embarrassment. :-)

And I agree, Southern Peach is good.