CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 16, 2009

Devil May Cry Movie

I am, admittedly, a dork. (This is Douglass again, by the way.) As many of you know, I want to be a writer SO bad. One of my great friends, Kollin, and I have formed a small company for this purpose. It's called Night Ink because we almost always write from 6:30 P.M. to 2:00 A.M. We keep looking for opportunities.

According to IMDB.com, there is supposed to be a live-action version of the videogame Devil May Cry. I am a fan of the games (hence the dork comment). Now, with the annoucement of the 2010 release date, Kollin and I went on a search for a script. I am somewhat pleased to say that there is not one... at least... there is not one aside from ours.

Kollin and I have been researching for the past year. We've been reading The Divine Comedy, and other works of literature that the series references. We've been working and re-working the script to make sure the script is not some crapy videogame movie... but a really great and exciting movie.

There is a problem though... Kollin and I are not represented by an agent. Which means we have no way of contacting Capcom to tell them of our work. Also, we haven't been produced before. This is obvious. But we are trying to produce a bunch of scripts ourselves. But this is something more real. This is something ready and exciting. We are trying to get Capcom's attention. We want them to know that we are serious. So, in regards to the Devil May Cry series, we need the link www.thenightink.com posted all over the internet. We want the people at Capcom to be forced to accept that our script is nearly ready. Please, please, please post the link somewhere... That's the only thing I can do at this point. Kollin and I are in desperate need of your assistance.

Thanks.

P.S. - Stephanie and I are just finishing Harry Potter 6. Ug... what a depressing ending...

2 comments:

Reynolds said...

Posted it on our blog. Good luck!!

Nat said...

I'm duly impressed with your efforts! Way to go! Good luck with it. And yes, Harry Potter 6 is quite depressing - I cried my eyes out. But hang in there; it all works out. :-)