So, Doug has asked me to post this:
We have officially finished the Harry Potter series!
We've started on LOTR (starting w/ the Hobbit), but if anybody has any suggestions on what to read afterward that would be swell.
PS ha ha naked mohawk-baby carrot jockeys- Doug
12 years ago
2 comments:
wahoo! Lord of the Rings is my FAVORITE. have you read it before??
are you looking for other fantasy/sci fi or just books in general? two of my favorite fantasy authors, aside from Tolkien, are Anne McCafrey (Pern books) and Orson Scott Card--I think you would really like his Alvin Maker series...it's alternate-US-history starring Joseph Smith. Who is now named Alvin. it's awesome.
AND...I can have lunch with you!! wahoo! I am so excited to see you!!
You know, I've read the first book and a half of LOTR, but that's it. You'll have to let me know how it ends. Ha!
And as for good books to read next...where to begin? I'll name a few that are at the top of my favorites lis:
-The Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke
-Eragon and its subsequent books by Christopher Paolini (it's kind of a combo of LOTR, Harry Potter, and Star Wars. I'm not a huge fan of the writing style, but the story's fun)
-Twilight series (need I mention this? If you haven't read it, you must. I am, sadly, a huge fan!)
- The Host (by the Twilight author, but not a part of the series. Fantastic book!)
That's a start for ya. I'll stop now. I have more if you ever get bored. :-) Enjoy!
Post a Comment