CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 2, 2009

November Already?!

So, October ended on an anticlimactic note- my sympathies to poor Doug, Martha and Matt. I helped my folks in the yard on Saturday afternoon and ended up being severely allergic to something *ahem* in their yard. I *ahemed* b/c Dad thinks I was bit by a spider, but I am pretty sure I am allergic to the hyacinth bulbs I stuck in the ground for them. That meant that I spent Halloween evening zoned out on Benadryl. AWESOME! When we came home I went straight to bed- poor, cute Doug having been gipped out of a good, scary Halloween stayed up late to watch "So I Married An Axe Murderer". That's pretty spooky, right? Now I have to decide what to do w/ the 2 extra pumpkins we never carved. There's always pie..... At least we dressed up- Doug was bird flu, and I was swine flu. A picture is forth-coming.

Saturday, Dad cut up a whole bunch of pieces of wood for me to paint and decorate my apartment with. It might be kinda nerdy, but I went to Enrichment in September (back when it was called Enrichment), and we painted a whole bunch of little blocks and put vinyl letters on them with inspiring mottos, and it was so nice that I've decided I could stand to do a little more of that. :) I'm excited- I will probably be heading over there tomorrow for more. I love my dad-how nice of him to donate some of the better pieces of his stockpile to my rare craft experiments.

By far my favorite parts of this weekend were hanging out with family and friends- especially adorable little nieces and nephews. We left the camera at work (we have some pictures from the C-med party that need posting there), but as soon as I get it back I will be adding to this blog. I'm sad I didn't get a chance to take pics of the Brady & Peterson munchkins, but it was good to hang out with them.

And now to stop procrastinating and start the dishes....maybe... GO PHILLIES!!!!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

love that you both were the flu

hoffblog said...

You've got it-Go Phillies. Bummer about the allergicness that you encountered. Nice of you to help plant bulbs, though. Wish I was there-I love bulbs and gardening. Pie is always a good idea, especially with fresh pumpkin. Let me know if you need tips on boiling down the pumpkin...

Nat said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry you were sick with allergies - and on Halloween. What a mean trick! I hope your decorating goes well, and I laughed out loud at your costumes of the flu. I'm excited to see pictures. :-)

FPrince said...

We want Halloween pics. We want Halloween pics!! WE WANT HALLOWEEN PICS!!!